There are many ways to be more politically engaged, and we don’t have to re-invent the wheel. Several groups are already publishing weekly to-do lists for the resistance. You can subscribe to these and get a weekly blast in your email, or just link up below. There are also on-going campaigns that need your attention. Here are the resources we’ve found so far:
SWING LEFT ACTION FINDER: Find out how to make a difference right now—whether it’s writing letters, knocking on doors, or donating where your dollars will make the biggest impact. Consider it your one-stop-shop for the smartest ways to take action this cycle, from wherever you live.
SWING LEFT VOTER REGISTRATION LETTER CAMPAIGN: Help write letters to register new voters via Swing Left’s voter-registration-by-mail program. You can do it from home or organize a party of your own!
VOLUNTEER WITH THE RECLAIM OUR VOTE PROJECT: Fight back against voter suppression in vulnerable states by phone banking, text banking, writing postcards, and driving or canvassing (if you want to travel).
WEEKLY ACTION ITEMS
- INDIVISIBLE NATIONAL – Newsletter and weekly to-do list
- SMALL DEEDS DONE (click on most recent post for this week’s action items)
- JEN HOFFMAN’S ACTIVISM CHECKLIST
- FIVE CALLS (Website); FIVE CALLS (Weekly highlights)
- SWING LEFT – Check out their SUPER STATE strategy for 2020
- SISTER DISTRICT PROJECT – They are doing great work RIGHT NOW to flip key state legislatures blue in 2019.
- OFA – Organizing For Action – Training and direct action for progressive causes