- 1/23: INDIVISIBLE National Call Day to end the #TrumpShutdown – The Senate can end Trump’s government shutdown without additional funding for his wall, but we need constituents in key states to raise their voices. Sign up here and we’ll send you everything you need to start calling into target states and connecting voters directly to their Senators.
- 1/24: Sister District Post Card Campaign – 6pm, First United Methodist Church, 2100 J Street. Join INDIVISIBLE Sacramento and Sister District in sending postcards to get out the Democratic vote in Louisiana. Sister District assists other states in flipping their legislatures from red to blue. Louisiana has elections for state legislative seats coming up soon. Come help us write to voters in Louisiana and keep the blue wave going! All materials and light snacks provided.
- 1/25: Central Valley 2020 Forum – 6-8pm, Berkeley City College, Berkeley. TJ Cox’ come-from-behind win surprised almost everyone and put California’s southern Central Valley in the national spotlight. Join us for a lively and informative discussion of what happened in CA 21 and lessons that can be drawn for 2020 and the Census. Speakers will report on what went on before election day and as the vote count stretched on, afterwards. Recently elected officials will talk about their constituents, their campaigns and their priorities.
- 1/26: Sister District Project (SDP) Sacramento Meeting – 10am, Colonial Heights Library, Community Room, 4799 Stockton Blvd. SDP Executive Director Rita Bosworth will talk about Sister District’s 2019/2020 Last Chance Strategy, the organization’s ongoing fight to win state legislative elections crucial for redistricting in 2021. This is an opportunity to learn what can be done to help elect Democrats win in strategically-selected races in 2019. They’re expecting a full house, so it’s important to RSVP HERE.
- 2/4: Training: Supporting Migrant Families – 6pm, First United Methodist Church of Sacramento, 2100 J Street. NorCal Resist and Abuelas Responden Sacramento invite interested community members to this training, where you will learn a little bit about the manufactured crisis at our southern border, and how volunteers can plug into this important work.
- 2/12: MEDICARE FOR ALL Barnstorm – 7pm, Sierra 2 Community Center, 2791 24th St. This is one of many events for National Medicare for All Week of Action sponsored by National Nurses United. Hundreds of events are happening across the country as activists come together to win Medicare for All. They will discuss what’s at stake, their plan to win, and what you can do to take action and get involved.
- 2/16: 2019 Training for Change Makers – 12:30 – 4:30pm, various locations. Join the ACLU of Northern California at their annual, in-person Training for Change Makers. Staff from the ACLU of Northern California will provide skills-building trainings, content for you to better understand some of our civil liberties local advocacy campaigns, and facilitate opportunities for you to brainstorm how you would apply those learnings in your community.
- 2/20: INDIVISIBLE Sacramento General Meeting – 7pm, Sierra 2 Community Center, 2791 24th St, Rm. 10. Speaker: State Senator Scott Wiener
- 3/20: INDIVISIBLE Sacramento General Meeting – 7pm, Sierra 2 Community Center, 2791 24th St, Rm. 10. Speaker: Writer Sasha Abramsky
- FIND A RESISTANCE EVENT NEAR YOU
- TOWN HALL PROJECT – Find a town hall meeting or other member event near you.
- CA StateStrong Find an action you can take to support state legislative efforts supported by INDIVISIBLE.
- ACLU PEOPLE POWER EVENTS – Find an event near you organized by the ACLU’s grassroots campaign