Given our proximity to the Capitol, INDIVISIBLE Sacramento has a unique opportunity to support state legislation that holds the line against the Trump agenda. In conjunction with CA StateStrong, the state legislative arm of INDIVISIBLE, we have chosen the following bills to support this year. Check our Events page for specific lobbying opportunities and phone calls – and check out the CA StateStrong link above for other specific action items. A phone call to your state Senator or Assemblymember regarding any of these is always effective. FIND YOUR STATE LEGISLATORS.
ONGOING – SUPPORT FOR SB 822, NET NEUTRALITY – Please call your Assembly members often and ask for their vote for Net Neutrality. SEND A LETTER OF SUPPORT to the Assembly Committees on Communications and Conveyance, Privacy and Consumer Protection, and Appropriations.
Here are the committee members and contact information for all the Assembly committees that will eventually hear the bill to voice your support.
- SB 3131– Police militarization. FACT SHEET
- SB 562 – Single Payer Health Care. San Diego Union-Tribune
- SB 10 – Bail Reform. Sac Bee Opinion
- SB 834 – Offshore drilling. League of CA Cities
- SB 185 – Reducing traffic fines for the poor. Sac Bee Opinion
- SB 1449 – Rape kit testing. Capitol Weekly
- SB 1100 – Firearms purchase age. Sacramento Bee