There are many ways to be more politically engaged, and we don’t have to re-invent the wheel. Several groups are already publishing weekly to-do lists for the resistance. You can subscribe to these and get a weekly blast in your email, or just link up below. There are also on-going campaigns that need your attention. Here are the resources we’ve found so far:
ON-GOING ACTION ITEMS
- FIGHT FOR THE SUPREME COURT – Here are specific things to do NOW to delay a Senate vote on Trump’s Supreme Court nominee. THIS IS CODE RED.
- SB 822, NET NEUTRALITY – This bill is heavily opposed by the telecommunications industry. They almost killed it in the Assembly, but the bill remains intact (after a showdown over damaging amendments) and it will head to Appropriations in August. Call your assembly member to voice your support for the bill today.
- Here’s a list of state legislators receiving money from ISPs.
- LOBBY for 822 on 8/9
- CALL YOUR ASSEMBLYMEMBER to voice support for 822.
- CENSUS CITIZENSHIP QUESTION – In March, Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross, with the support of Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ anti-immigrant Department of Justice, announced that he had directed the Census Bureau to add a citizenship question to the 2020 Census. Adding the citizenship question is bad for the census, bad for our communities, and bad for America. Here is more information: Talking Points Here is how you can take action now: Take Action
- Sign up for THE LAST WEEKEND, a final push of canvassing and other events before the Nov. election. If you sign up, they will contact you with action items from now until the election.
WEEKLY ACTION ITEMS
- INDIVISIBLE Weekly To Do List
- SMALL DEEDS DONE (click on most recent post for this week’s action items)
- JEN HOFFMAN’S ACTIVISM CHECKLIST
- FIVE CALLS (Website); FIVE CALLS (Weekly highlights)
- CA STATE STRONG California state-level advocacy
- OFA – Organizing For Action – Training and direct action for progressive causes